- Research and clinical group at the University of Freiburg, Germany, with special expertise in familial pheochromocytoma/paraganglioma and
hypertension. A special outpatient clinic with associated research office offers personal interviews and consultation for patients and a a research aboratory
for molecular genetic analyses. Patients, their family members and colleagues are welcome to contact us any time.
- University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
- High dose 131I-MIBG (metaiodobenzylguanadine) is currently being used to treat patients with malignant pheochromocytomas and paragangliomas. This therapy is available at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) under a Phase II protocol that has been approved by three UCSF review boards: The Committee on Human Research, The Comprehensive Cancer Center Protocol Committee, and the Pediatric Clinical Research Center.
- National Institute of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
- The NIH is a major referral center for patients with suspected or proven pheochromocytoma or with a genetic predisposition to develop the tumor. Because the primary mission of the NIH is to conduct and support medical research, all NIH Clinical Center patients are enrolled into research studies that have undergone rigorous review and approval processes by Institution Review Boards (IRB's). This ensures that the study meets the appropriate standards for clinical research within the NIH intramural program.
Royal North Shore Hospital, Sydney, Australia
- During the past three years, mutations have been identified in SDHB and SDHD (genes encoding for SDHB and SDHD, component peptides of mitochondrial complex II) in patients with familial pheochromocytoma and apparently sporadic pheochromocytoma. We have established an International SDH Consortium and are seeking international cooperation and treatment and study of patients with these diseases.
Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center, Nijmegen, the Netherlands
- The Depts. of Endocrinology, Chemical Endocrinology and General Internal Medicine of the Radboud University Medical Centre serve as a multidisciplinary tertiary referral and research centre for adrenal tumor patients in the Netherlands, the Radboud Adrenal Centre.
Copyright 2006 Pressor.org © All Right Reserved